1. The backup directory, where all backup files created by Sharepoint backup tool will be stored, is "D:\BackupDir"
2. The full path to the folder, where the "stsadm.exe" is installed, is "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\BIN"
3. Differential backup runs at 00:00 everyday and full backup runs at 00:00 every Sunday
How to backup Sharepoint 2007 using Onlinebackup manager:
1. Install Onlinebackup manager onto the computer running Sharepoint Server 2007
2. Download http://www.onlinebackup.dk/upload/File/sps2k7-backup.zip unzip and save it in "C:\Program Files\onlinebackup\bin"
3. Open [C:\Program Files\onlinebackup\bin\sps2k7-backup.vbs] with Notepad
4. Change the [BackupDirectory] variable in [sps2k7-backup.vbs] to "D:\BackupDir" (e.g. Const BackupDirectory = "D:\BackupDir")
5. Change the [StsadmExecPath] variable in [sps2k7-backup.vbs] to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\BIN"
(e.g. Const StsadmExecPath = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN\stsadm.exe")
6. Save the changes in [C:\Program Files\onlinebackup\bin\sps2k7-backup.vbs]
7. Open onlinebackup manager from the system tray icon
8. Create a file backup set for Sharepoint backup, by selecting [Backup Set] -> [New] -> [File Backup set]
9. Enter "Sharepoint 2007" as the backup set name in the [Name] field provided and press the [Next] button
10. Select "D:\BackupDir" as your [Backup Source] (create this directory first if it doesn't exist) and press the [Next] button
11. Select the default [BackupSchdule-1] backup schedule and press the [Properites] button to edit.
12. Change the backup schedule [Name] to "DailySchedule". Select the [Daily] radio button in [Type] section. Change the [Start Time (hh:mm)] field under the [Start] section to "00:00".
13. Press the [OK] button to save this setting
14. Press the [Next] button on the [Add new File Backup Set] dialog
15. Accept the default encryption settings by pressing the [OK] button if you don't want to change it
16. Expand the "Sharepoint 2007" node on the backup set list on the left panel
17. Select the [Command Line Tool] option
18. Press the [Add] button under the [Pre-backup] section on the right panel
19. Enter "Sharepoint pre-backup command" in the [Name] text field, "sps2k7-backup.vbs" in the [Command] text field and "C:\Program Files\onlinebackup\bin" in the [Working Directory] text field provided.
20. Press the [OK] button to save this setting
You can now backup Sharepoint 2007 server by pressing the [Backup] button on onlinebackup manager top menu
How to restore Sharepoint 2007 using onlinebackup manager:
1. Open onlinebackup manager from the system tray
2. Open the Restore page by selecting on the [Restore] tab at the bottom left hand corner of manageren
3. Select the "Sharepoint 2007" backup set on the left pane. You can then browse the backup content on the right pane
4. Check the checkbox next to the "D:\BackupDir" node and press [Restore Files] button at the menu
5. Press the [Start] button to restore backup files back to your computer
6. Login to the Sharepoint Central Administration page (web interface)
7. Select the [Operations] tab from the top menu
8. Find the [Restore from backup] link under the [Backup and Restore] section and click it.
8. Enter "D:\BackupDir" in [Backup location] text field provided and press the [OK] button
9. Select the backup snapshot to be restored by selecting the radio button and click the [Continue Restore Process] link
10. Select the backup components to be restored by checking the desired checkboxes and click the [Continue Restore Process] link
11. Select the desired [Restore Options] radio button option
12. Press the [OK] button to start the Sharepoint 2007 restoration process
1. You are advised to check if the Sharepoint services are running properly before and after restoration. You can check this by using the [Sharepoint Central Administration] -> [Operations] -> [Services on server] webpage under the [Topology and Services] section.